httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Segfault
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:05:27 GMT
Magnus Määttä <n0v3ll@kiruna.se> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I have no idea if this problem is Apache2 related or PHP related.
> Running current CVS of both.
>
> I have no single script to reproduce this, but i have the same
> problem with older versions of PHP too, haven't tried with older apache
> version thou.
>
> And I don't know if this is the correct way to debug apache, but here's
> the output from gdb.
>

> Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.

Where is the segfault?

"Program received signal SIGPIPE" is working as designed.  When you
hit that in gdb, do "cont" and maybe the segfault is hit after that.

If the Apache process exits when SIGPIPE is received, then some evil
code somewhere has reset the required SIGPIPE handling (SIG_IGN).

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...