httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: module and threads
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:09:28 GMT
Henri Gomez <hgomez@apache.org> writes:

> The module should create some threads at startup time,
> these threads will handle dbm and IO operations and
> they should be kept running after the module initialisation.
>
> Also I'll need to access some of these threads information
> when the module will be called (via some specials URIs),
> and wonder if the datas created at init time will be still
> available.

yes it will still be available, assuming you use the right pool...

look at post_config hook for allocating global resources and
child_init hook for allocating per-child-process resources

the pool passed to either of these functions will almost always have
the lifetime you need
--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...