httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server listen.c
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:20:11 GMT
hiroyuki hanai <hanai@imgsrc.co.jp> writes:

> On 14 Nov 2002 14:17:11 -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
>
> > trawick     2002/11/14 06:17:11
> >
> >   Modified:    .        CHANGES acinclude.m4 configure.in
> >                docs/conf httpd-std.conf.in ssl-std.conf
> >                server   listen.c
> >   Log:
> >   Add --[enable|disable]-v4-mapped configure option to control
> >   whether or not Apache expects to handle IPv4 connections
> >   on IPv6 listening sockets.  Either setting will work on
> >   systems with the IPV6_V6ONLY socket option.  --enable-v4-mapped
> >   must be used on systems that always allow IPv4 connections on
> >   IPv6 listening sockets.
>
> after this commit, httpd cannot run with following error;
>
>   [Fri Nov 22 20:01:43 2002] [crit] (22)Invalid argument: make_sock: for address 127.0.0.1:80,
apr_socket_opt_set: (IPV6_V6ONLY)
>   no listening sockets available, shutting down
>   Unable to open logs
>
> on my FreeBSD boxes, both -current and -stable with ipv4-mapping
> disabled and enabled respectively.
>
> i think this error occurs because IPV6_V6ONLY option are being set
> on all sockets; even if on the IPv4 sockets.
>
> following is a patch to set IPV6_V6ONLY option on only IPv6 sockets.
> i don't know if this is a correct answer but it solves at least my problem...

Yes, this is so obviously a necessary change (blush).

I had so much trouble with the config-time changes to generate the
right httpd.conf that I guess my brain was fried when coming up with
test variations for the actual code :(

> Regards,
>
> hiro hanai

Thanks so much!

I expect to commit shortly, after which the beatings will resume.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...