httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: module structure in development
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:21:06 GMT
fabio rohrich <rostich77@yahoo.it> writes:

> My module will work in all the server (it strips out
> blanks from html pages). So it'll work in all the
> server and in all the virtual server. I'll have 2
> directives: one is a kind of swithcer: u can turn on
> or off the mod_blan; the other gives the choice to
> delete only white spaces or to remove white spaces and
> unrequired tags too.
> So , I don't think they r config directives. What do u
> suggest?

Maybe somebody has a pointer to a description of server and directory
configs and their merging.  That is what those pointers in the module
structure are about.

For your first pass, forget about those pointers and simply use global
variables to indicate whether or not your state (on/off, whether to
remove unrequired tags, etc.).

If/when somebody wants to have different controls for different
virtual hosts or different directories, then you can worry about those
4 functions.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...