httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: auth-docs reversion in 2.0 branch (was: RM 2.0.44)
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:09:08 GMT

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, André Malo wrote:
> been there, done that. I have a patch on my harddisk that changes the
> sitemap and module index, removes the authn* and authz* modules and renames
> the obs_* module document files back to the old names. It fixes also the
> references to the new modules in other documents (hope I've got all of
> them)
>
> Because it's a lot of file trouble in CVS I just want to get an "ok,
> commit" or a "waah! don't do it".

Exactly what is going to happen with auth is an open issue.  The aim is to
get most of the functionality of the new auth system, while retaining
compatibility with old config files.  But we don't know exactly how that
will happen.

If this suceeds, then the best thing to do will probably be to revert back
to the 2.0.43 auth docs, and then build on the new features from there.
If you want to do that now, I won't object.  But since we don't know
exactly what is going to happen, you may want to wait.

Joshua.