httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Before I start a new module...
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 02:38:01 GMT
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Before I move all my apps over on the new Apache 2.0 server, I need to be
> able to strip whitespace from HTML (ok, my designers like using DreamWeaver,
> not my fault), so since I can use filters, well... :-)

Funny you ask... there was a fellow on here within the last few months
asking what we thought about him doing exactly that for his CS senior
thesis project (I think).  Check the archives for the last few months.
Unfortunately I've forgotten his name and the name of the module he was
proposing... but search for "whitespace" and you'll likely find it.  I
don't know if he actually wrote the thing or what, but I'm sure he'd like
to hear from you.  I imagined there'd ever be a real-world use for such a
thing, so I never commented to him about it.  Glad to hear there is one!
:)

--Cliff