httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS ROADMAP
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:19:53 GMT
On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> Huh? No way. We're all adults here. If someone commits something
> that you are uncomfortable with, bring it up on the list. There's
> no reason for any ASF project to be R-T-C, IMHO. Our voting
> rules are sufficient enough to protect against bogus commits to
> stable or "maintenance" trees.

Agreed.

> >   +    * The 'modules/experimental' tree will evaporate soon.  Anything
> >   +      in the development branch should be located under it's eventual
> >   +      home (such as modules/cache/.)
>
> There's no reason to remove this from the 2.0 releases. They are
> experimental not matter way, and if someone grabs a 2.0 tarball and
> wants to start hacking on experimental stuff, all the better!

-1 to removing them from 2.0.  The modules are 'experimental' not just
because they are development projects, but more because we don't put the
same level of faith in those modules working as advertised as we do in
regular modules.  But some people are willing to take the chance and DO
use them in production!  We can't just snatch them out from under those
people.

--Cliff