httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: FW: Older version of apache2
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:21:43 GMT

No.  It would only download the package once and create (or update)
a symlink locally.  For people only mirrorring the latest versions,
they can pass a certain flag to rsync so that symlinks outside of the
area being mirrorred are replaced by the full packages.

I presented a scheme like this in a reply to a thread on mirrors.
Pier has got that documented somewhere, I am sure ;)

Sander

PS.  Bikeshedding: s/old/archive/