httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Rivera <Juan.Riv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Custom Winnt MPM
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:23:54 GMT
Thanks, that's what I have been doing so far. I though the functionality of

Best regards,

Juan C. Rivera
Citrix Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 6:11 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Cc: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Custom Winnt MPM

At 04:54 PM 11/25/2002, Brian Pane wrote:
>On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 14:03, Juan Rivera wrote:
>> I've been working on an async i/o mpm for Windows using IO completion
>> ports.
>>
>> I used the current winnt mpm as a starting point but I rather have it
>> in it's own dll instead of linked directly in libhttpd.
>>
>> My question is how do I configure Apache to use my mpm? Is it just
>> using LoadModule? How do I disable the default winnt mpm?
>
>I'm not sure how it works on Win32, but here's the Unix answer,
>in case it's useful as a starting point:
>
>  1. update server/mpm/config.m4 so that it knows about your
>     new MPM.  Check out the code in there for the leader,
>     threadpool, and perchild MPMs; they should be a good
>     starting point.
>  2. make clean
>  3. ./configure --with-mpm=[new MPM]

Very similar on win32...

modify libhttpd.dsp ... you will notice a section for the mpm files.
Just replace the sources you don't want with the sources you are
creating.  Note that you can't have a 'loadable' MPM, since the mpm
defines how processes are created and how the server initializes
(mpms start running before we start processing the config file.)

An early design hoped for 'loadable' mpms.  It didn't happen, I'm afraid,
because it proved very difficult to do.

Bill