httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Rivera <Juan.Riv...@citrix.com>
Subject Apache and persistent connections
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:46:23 GMT
I'm been considering using Apache to handle other types of TCP traffic, in
particular ones that hold connections for long periods of time (E.G. Citrix
ICA).

I looked at how Apache 2 works and it seems like a thread holds a connection
for the lifetime of it. Is this right?

If I wanted to optimize this so that connections that have no data are move
to a pool so that threads can move to the next connection and when there is
data, go back and deal with the other connection.

It sounds, I'll have to write my own MPM with IO completion ports to do
something like this, right?

  _____

Juan C. Rivera

Citrix Systems, Inc