httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: karma and cvs commit messages
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 23:32:51 GMT
> Since we renamed the repository to httpd from httpd-2.0 (there is
> a symlink for now), the CVSROOT/avail file doesn't match
> the repository name, and therefore I can't commit. Can we
> fix that so I can commit to the new "httpd" repository directly?

Why the heck was that done?  Too many things get screwed over
when you change a module name in cvs.

-1 -- I am reverting that change to cvs.  Don't screw with this stuff
without a clear plan in STATUS, and notify apmail and cvsadmin before
screwing with the filesystem.  It would have been far more sensible
not to branch 2.0 and instead create a new module that doesn't suffer
from legacy versions.

....Roy