httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Before I start a new module...
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:58:58 GMT
On 25/11/02 1:52 am, "David Crooke" <dave@convio.com> wrote:

> Why not just strip them once on install, instead of every time they are
> downloaded? You could hook something into ftp or whatever the
> Dreamweaver kids are using for upload, or a cron to come and sweep
> stuff, keeping track of what's processed using a timestamp file.

Nonono :-) The dreamwever kids use dreamweaver to create JSP templates
(evillllll) so, I am _not_ serving files off disk, I mean, I'm stupid, but
not _that_ stupid! :-) :-) :-)

Plus JSPs leave a _lot_ of crap around in files, like, several newline
characters where there shouldn't be any... And so on... It's just a _stupid_
templating system, but what the heck, they pay me to accept my designers,
so... :-)

Since I already don't have a Content-Length header (since I don't know how
much content I'm going to shoot out), and my boss is concerned about
mod_deflate not being supported by (like) Netscape 1.3.1 when Javascript is
disabled (or some stuff like that, a customer is a customer), well, got no
options left...

    Pier