httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <>
Subject Re: FW: Older version of apache2
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:23:27 GMT
I already outlined a better solution on, and I
believe Justin just condensed all the ideas out there into one big
doc, so I'll defer to that. I think you have it right, but
I would say:

- put all the dist-able files into their final destination directories
- symlink to the current (symlinks work over rsync, IIRC)

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 09:25  AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 10:14 AM 11/26/2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>> Oh, and for the record, moving files into .old/ directories is
>> evil for rsync. :) (This isn't directed at Pier) Moving files
>> around causes rsync to do a delete and then re-download the
>> moved files/directories.
> So you suggest initially populating old/ and then symlinking the
> now-current version in the main download directory at the old/
> target, instead?  It would still initially download the package
> twice, and then simply unlink it later on, right?
> Or what's the right approach here?
> Bill

View raw message