httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sánchez <wsanc...@wsanchez.net>
Subject Re: mod_auth_digest and updating the docs
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 06:53:24 GMT
On Friday, November 29, 2002, at 04:01  PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Yeah, it's mentioned implicitly with the aaa changes in CHANGES
> (almost every directive for our core aaa modules changed in subtle
> ways due to this rewrite).  That directive wasn't updated with the
> rest of the docs.  It just slipped through - it happens.
>
> The mod_authn_file docs says that it can be used with mod_auth_digest
> and mod_auth_basic.  The only catch is that the file format implicitly
> changes based on the front-end.  IMHO, that needs to be explained
> pretty clearly in the mod_authn_file/mod_authn_dbm docs.

   If someone could do that, I'd appreciated it.  I want to switch to
using it, so I can stay on HEAD, but right now all of my DAV stuff is
disabled because I can't figure out how to enable auth, though your
last email offers a clue.

> These little things probably reinforce my idea that the aaa changes
> shouldn't be on the 2.0 branch until it gets more developer and user
> feedback.  -- justin

   I agree with that.  This is a bit undercoooked for 2.0.
Additionally, once we ship a table .x release, we should really avoid
changes which break existing configurations until the next .y release,
IMO.

	-wsv