httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS ROADMAP
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:25:47 GMT

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 11:15  AM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>    CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:
>
>   +    * This branch is operating under R-T-C guidelines.

Huh? No way. We're all adults here. If someone commits something
that you are uncomfortable with, bring it up on the list. There's
no reason for any ASF project to be R-T-C, IMHO. Our voting
rules are sufficient enough to protect against bogus commits to
stable or "maintenance" trees.

>   +    * Backwards compatibility is expected of future Apache 2.0
> releases,
>   +      such that no MMN major number changes will occur until 2.1.

Well, we hope. :)

>   +    * The current sandbox (cvs HEAD) operating under C-T-R
> guidelines
>   +      is version 2.1-dev.
>   +
>   +    * All commits to APACHE_2_0_BRANCH must be reflected in cvs HEAD
>   +      as well, if they apply.  Logical progression is commit to
> HEAD,
>   +      get feedback (3 +1's) and then commit to APACHE_2_0_BRANCH.

Yeah, well of course. Bug fixes go in both, features go in HEAD...

>   +
>   +    * The 'modules/experimental' tree will evaporate soon.  Anything
>   +      in the development branch should be located under it's
> eventual
>   +      home (such as modules/cache/.)

There's no reason to remove this from the 2.0 releases. They are
experimental
not matter way, and if someone grabs a 2.0 tarball and wants to start
hacking on experimental stuff, all the better!

>    RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>
>   +    * The Auth module overhaul of module names and directives need
>   +      be reverted to their 2.0.43 names.  The new hooks remain.

-aaron