httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: r->server->port problem
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:17:48 GMT
Hmmm... I'm thinking that in between UseCanonicalName On [look up our
name and use that] v.s. UseCanonicalName Off [trust the client] ...
we might want UseCanonicalName Port which would not do the DNS
lookups [trust the client for that] but would trust our idea of the port.

Respectable idea?

At 06:38 AM 11/26/2002, Estrade Matthieu wrote:
>heh ok, i was using the wrong stuff, i didn't know about this struct server_addrs_rec.
>what r->server->port is used for ?
>i just would like to know what is the difference btw usecanonicalName On and Off for the
>why default port is sent instead of real port (socket port), i think there is a reason
>Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>Estrade Matthieu <><>
>>>My module need to know the r->server->port, i mean the port  of
>>>virtual host used by the client.
>>isn't that in r->server->addrs->host_port?

View raw message