httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.1 Fallout; httpd v.s. httpd-2.0
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:35:02 GMT
At 03:55 PM 11/25/2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>I believe that the authoritative version of httpd-2.0 *must* remain in the repository
called 'httpd-2.0.'  I'm midly disturbed that it now contains 2.1 (mainly because there was
no prior discussion about how to do the branching).

Before I removed it from CVS;

    * Branch APACHE_2_0_BRANCH today, changing the version in CVS HEAD
      to 2.1.0-dev.
        +1 [from APACHE_2_0_43]: wrowe, aaron, trawick, stoddard, jwoolley,
                                 gregames, rederpj, jim
        +1 [from HEAD]: striker
         0: jerenkrantz
        -1:

after 'informal' discussions at AC - it appeared that the code which had gone
into 2.0.44-dev consisted of incremental improvements and that it was simpler
for Sander and I (who voulenteered to get .44 ready) that working from head
backwards to .44 was simpler than merging up from .43, and others agreed.
But this vote clearly did spell out that dev goes to CVS HEAD, and that 2.0
is the branch.