httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Fallout, 2_0_BRANCH/2.1
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:05:00 GMT
First question is viewcvs; Greg, is it possible for viewcvs to have an
implicit -r APACHE_2_0_BRANCH with a uri such as;
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/STATUS
and an alias to httpd-2.1 on HEAD?

Second question is snapshots... who's our snapshot guru?  Can we
start culling true 2.0 snapshots with -r APACHE_2_0_BRANCH while
renaming our existing snapshots as 2.1?

Third question is the cvs module name.  Does it make sense to
rename the module to httpd2 or simply httpd, and can CVSROOT/modules
be used to actually add implicit -r branch tags?  If not, at least by
dropping the httpd-2.0 repository in two months (using a modules alias
in the meantime), we stand a chance of eventually educating the users
about what they are checking out and how.

I'm working on docs in the /dev branch right now.  There are plenty of
docs and new docs to update, so help from anyone else familiar with
working within branches is appreciated.

Bill