httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Final counting approaches...
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:12:05 GMT
At 07:49 AM 11/8/2002, Sander wrote:
>I wouldn't mind taking on the RM job for 2.0.44.

And I won't mind giving it away :-)

However, prepare to lay down the tag Monday and start working
with both the dev and docs lists to gather as much of the docs work
into 2.0.44 as we can (under a 2_0_44_PRE1 tag).  Only auth and
auth-related changes (and other MMN-major changes) are avoided.

The big trick is that we squeeze as much of this 'goodstuff'(TM) into
that tag so that when we branch 2.1, there is very little merging of
old work left to do.  Only committers after that fork need to worry
about merging their changes from HEAD back to APACHE_2_0_BRANCH
and even at that, those merges should apply cleanly.

The only thing to begin tracking are bits committed next week that
are not picked up with the APACHE_2_0_44 tag that are appropriate
now, or soon, for the APACHE_2_0_BRANCH (based on R-T-C!)
Expect another release or two from the APACHE_2_0_BRANCH before
the 2.1-dev branch is ready-to-roll into a 2.2-GA release in about 3 mos,
and probably maintenance/security releases on 2.0 even after 2.2 is
widely available.

Bill