httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting out ssl_engine_io.c?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 18:56:31 GMT
At 04:27 AM 11/1/2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>I have a distinct feeling that it might ease our sanity if we split the SSL input and
output filter code in ssl_engine_io.c into separate files.

Between the input and output, or between the decoded text filter logic
and the bio network filter logic?  There seem to be four ways to slice it.

>Or, am I just nuts?  Perhaps a rename to ssl_engine_filter.c could also be goodness.
(If OtherBill is going to revamp the output section, perhaps now is a good time to split it?)
 -- justin

I'll keep them together till we are done, at least.  We don't need more
cruft in mod_ssl.h, in fact I was preparing to refactor *that* file into ssl_engine.h
and mod_ssl.h, to the point where mod_ssl.h only contains public interfaces
to our ssl module for folks to 'plug into' ssl.  The other messy guts shouldn't
be propagated into apache2/include/.

Bill