httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Estrade Matthieu <>
Subject Re: r->server->port problem
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:19:26 GMT
My module need to know the r->server->port, i mean the port  of virtual
host used by the client.
in my apache, i have 2 VHOST:

The problem happened when i was behind an Intel SSL Accelerator.

client https ---> SSL INTEL 443 --> Reverse Proxy 8095

The SSL accelerator is listening on 443, send clear http on port 8095 of
my RP as:
GET / HTTP/1.1

<VirtualHost ip:8095>
ProxyPass /

<VirtualHost ip:80>
redirect / (redirect to HTTPS)

my module will find r->server->port = 80 even if the SSL Accelerator is
connected on port 8095
It can happen too if i have the same servername in each VHOST.

My module is now checking conn->socket->port or something like that... i
have no more problem

What i find buggy is the correct VHOST is used, if not, the connection
should be a loop !
so i am in the correct VHOST and when my module check r->server->port, i
find 80 !

Jeff Trawick wrote:

>Estrade Matthieu <> writes:
>>I posted a mail about a problem with r->server->port few days ago,
>>I did a patch to correct this bug, but i am not sure it's a bug...
>>the problem was when UseCannonicalName is Off,
>I don't think it is a bug.
>What exactly does your module need to know?

View raw message