httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_auth_digest and updating the docs
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 00:01:12 GMT
--On Friday, November 29, 2002 1:50 AM -0800 Wilfredo Sánchez
<wsanchez@wsanchez.net> wrote:

>    The configuration for mod_auth_digest changed recently such that
> the AuthDigestFile directive no longer works.  This is not
> reflected in the documentation, nor is it even mentioned in CHANGES
> that I can find.

Yeah, it's mentioned implicitly with the aaa changes in CHANGES
(almost every directive for our core aaa modules changed in subtle
ways due to this rewrite).  That directive wasn't updated with the
rest of the docs.  It just slipped through - it happens.

The mod_authn_file docs says that it can be used with mod_auth_digest
and mod_auth_basic.  The only catch is that the file format
implicitly changes based on the front-end.  IMHO, that needs to be
explained pretty clearly in the mod_authn_file/mod_authn_dbm docs.

These little things probably reinforce my idea that the aaa changes
shouldn't be on the 2.0 branch until it gets more developer and user
feedback.  -- justin