httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0.44 and 2.1.0 crash in mod_auth_digest
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:49:46 GMT
--On Friday, November 29, 2002 2:53 AM -0800 Wilfredo Sánchez
<wsanchez@wsanchez.net> wrote:

>    While fiddling around around to get digest auth working again, I
> tried this config:
>
>          AuthType Digest
>          AuthName "wsanchez.net"
>          AuthDigestDomain http://www.wsanchez.net/
> http://dav.www.wsanchez.net/          #AuthDigestFile
> /etc/httpd/auth_digest
>
>    Basically, I commented out AuthDigestFile since it's no longer
> recognized.  I didn't expect it to work, of course, but even
> better, it crashes the server.  Backtrace below.

Doesn't crash for me if AuthDigestFile or AuthUserFile isn't
specified.

Do you by any chance have mod_authn_file disabled?  It's explicitly
set to be 'yes' unless disabled at configure time.  If that module is
disabled, I think I see where the failure could be...  -- justin