httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Ponder <ja...@squish.net>
Subject Re: trouble w/ perchild MPM
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 01:07:51 GMT
On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 07:44:34PM -0500, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> This can include shared (sometimes requiring connections to be passed)
> and non shared (always answered by the child) sockets.
>
> I don't particularly see the non shared case as a concern. The shared
> case can be a problem.
>
> If either are a problem, I suspect that perchild is not the MPM you want
> to use.

Perhaps perchild can be improved further to have a set of listener
processes/threads, under the generic apache user id or another secured id,
which accepts connections but does not process them.  These threads then
pass the connections on to the correct user-owned child id via the named
sockets, allowing these child users to have no listening sockets at all
(except the unix domain socket).

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder; www.squish.net; London, UK