httpd-dev mailing list archives

From fabio rohrich <rostic...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: Before I start a new module...
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:01:03 GMT
And here I am! Hi my italian colleague! I'm stripping
out the white spaces from HTML, it's true.
It's not so easy to strip out the garbage from html
code, anyway I can give u the document I wrote in
which there all the requirements to delete white
spaces (where and when).

Let me know if u need help!
Write me personally if u need (rostich77@yahoo.it)
Ciao,
 Fabio

--- Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> ha scritto: >
Knowing nothing about your setup, I would suggest
> instead writing
> a simple script (perl or whatever) that traverses
> your docroot and
> /compresses/ the whitespace out of your files,
> instead of doing
> it dynamically and per-request.
>
> my 2c,
> -aaron
>

> On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 05:33  PM, Pier
> Fumagalli wrote:
>
> > Ok, I was kindly asked by my management to write a
> new module for
> > Apache
> > 2.0, since as of _TODAY_ we're using it in
> production for non-static
> > content
> > as well (whohooooo!)...
> >
> > Before I move all my apps over on the new Apache
> 2.0 server, I need to
> > be
> > able to strip whitespace from HTML (ok, my
> designers like using
> > DreamWeaver,
> > not my fault), so since I can use filters, well...
> :-)
> >
> > First question would be... Seems pretty odd that
> noone thought about it
> > before (???), so, is there a module doing that
> already?
> >
> > If not, am I right in looking at what
> mod_bucketeer does for a start?
> >
> > Cheeridos! :-)
> >
> >     Pier

Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/