httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kutschker <Martin.T.Kutsch...@blackbox.net>
Subject Re: multiple protocols - Patch for listen.c
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:13:43 GMT
Date: 23 Nov 2002 08:07:09 -0500
From: Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net>

Martin Kutschker <Martin.T.Kutschker@blackbox.net> writes:

> > Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:58:04 -0600
> > From: Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
> >
> > > b) TCP and SCTP are both congestion controlled protocols so
> > > there should be no threat to the stability of the Big I due
> > > to the use of SCTP and http (unlike using http with UDP).
> >
> > I think that if Apache is to listen on several IPs on different
> > ports and now supporting different (low-level) protocols, it is
> > reasonable to provide mechanisms to permit certain ports and
> > protocols on specific IPs.
>
> I could go for adding '/'<protocol> to the end of the current
> syntax. In other words, one listen statement continues to map to one
> listen_rec and one listening socket.
>
> Listen 80/sctp
> Listen [fe80::1]:80/sctp

Looks ok to me.

Do you intend to allow something like?

Listen 80/tcp/sctp or Listen 80/tcp,sctp

This would prohibit the suggest from of

Listen 80/sctp [protocol-option ...]

which I do happen to like. But I don't know if there are relevant options at all.

What are your plans for plain 'Listen 80'? Listen on all protocols, just tcp or some configurable
default protocols (eg 'ListenProtocols protocol [protocol ...]')

Masi