httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Brauer <hb-apache-...@bsws.de>
Subject Re: Review then Commit discussion
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:08:41 GMT
On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 03:44:48PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> FWIW I agree with Jeff here.  I retracted the statement since JimJ,
> Cliff and Aaron all seem to want to err on the side of C-T-R.
>
> So count this
>
>   R-T-C:  Jeff, Will
>   C-T-R:  JimJ, Cliff, Aaron
>
> More voices are always welcome.

I don't get your problem with R-T-C. we're doing so for all branches in
OpenBSD. our stable branches have maintainers, so if someone fixes a bug he
thinks should go to stable he sends it to the stable maintainer and he
checks again before commiting. I do not see any developent slowdown due to
R-T-C, but just a quality improvement.

hb@bsws.de - henning@openbsd.org
(Dennis Ritchie)