httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: my module works?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:41:45 GMT

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, [iso-8859-1] fabio rohrich wrote:

> I'm starting to write the mod_blank (it'll interact
> with the response phase).
> I'm writing the module structures and in want to know
> if it works good. I mean, I 'll write a stupid
> functiuon that wiil add at the bottom of a web page a
> written, just to check if my module is linked good and
> so on...

> I haven't a server at home , but I have apache on my
> Linux station.

That is fine.

> How can I check that my module works good?

Write the module; insert it into apache wiht 'LoadModule' and point your
webbrowser at http://localhost/. You propably want to do this in small
steps:

1	set up apache on your pc at home

2	check that it works

3	change index.html and check that you see
	the change.

4	take mod_example and compile it and install it
	check that it works

5	then hack mod_example and compile it and install it
	and check that it works..

before starting to hack your own.

	http://www.apache.org/~dirkx/oscon2002/

has a presentation on writing modules for apache. Google will find more of
them.

Dw.