httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: dynamically change max client value
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:35:25 GMT

In my ideal world every config directive would be able to advertize or
register an optional 'has changed' hook. Which, if present, would be
called in context whenever a value is somehow updated (through snmp, a
configd, signal, wathever). If there is no such hook; the old -update- on
graceful restart is the default (though it sure would be nice to have some
values also advertize that they need a full shutdown and restart).

Of course one could also argue for not just a put but also for a 'get'
interface in context :-)

Dw