httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <>
Subject Re: multiple protocols - Patch for listen.c
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:05:06 GMT
On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 02:29:48PM +0100, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> it could become
> Listen <port> <protocols>
> or
> Listen <port>;<protocols>
> or even
> Listen <protocols> <port>
> <protocols> is a comma separated list (eg "tcp,sctp").

I thought about this, but the problem is that apache directives are
whitespace delimited. That means that if someone accidently does this

Listen ttcp, sctp

Then it will not parse correctly and the user will be confused.

Given the above, I'm thinking the best way to add new transport protocol
support is on a protocol-by-protocol basis. This has the added benefit
of letting each protocol directive have its own attributes. For example:

SCTPListen <ip>[:<port>] [channels] [foos] [bars]

(I just made up those attributes, but you get the picture.)

View raw message