httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: multiple protocols - Patch for listen.c
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:05:06 GMT
On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 02:29:48PM +0100, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> it could become
>
> Listen <port> <protocols>
>
> or
>
> Listen <port>;<protocols>
>
> or even
>
> Listen <protocols> <port>
>
> <protocols> is a comma separated list (eg "tcp,sctp").

I thought about this, but the problem is that apache directives are
whitespace delimited. That means that if someone accidently does this

Listen ttcp, sctp 192.168.1.1:80

Then it will not parse correctly and the user will be confused.

Given the above, I'm thinking the best way to add new transport protocol
support is on a protocol-by-protocol basis. This has the added benefit
of letting each protocol directive have its own attributes. For example:

SCTPListen <ip>[:<port>] [channels] [foos] [bars]

(I just made up those attributes, but you get the picture.)

-aaron