httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:58:00 GMT
I guess I just didn't read that much in to it. I just want
to see us move forward without getting bogged down in
misinterpreted emails and already acknowledged mistakes,
and to do that I'm trying to stay objective (eg. a Vote).

To me this looks like the set of concerns:

1) we want 2.0 maintenance
2) we want 2.1 development
3) we want parallel development of each
4) a bad name for a combined 2.0+2.1 CVS module is "httpd-2.0"
5) having separate CVS modules means we lose future history
6) creating a brand new CVS module means we lose past history

(does this cover everyone's concerns?)

Therefore I'm proposing that we just keep the "httpd-2.0" CVS
module we have for a little longer, eventually on some
well-in-advance forewarned flag day we rename it to something
more generic, like just "httpd" and then keep a readonly
artifact of the old "httpd-2.0" CVS module around for posterity.

-aaron