httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Custom Winnt MPM
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:54:01 GMT
On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 14:03, Juan Rivera wrote:
> I've been working on an async i/o mpm for Windows using IO completion
> ports.
>
> I used the current winnt mpm as a starting point but I rather have it
> in it's own dll instead of linked directly in libhttpd.
>
> My question is how do I configure Apache to use my mpm? Is it just
> using LoadModule? How do I disable the default winnt mpm?

I'm not sure how it works on Win32, but here's the Unix answer,
in case it's useful as a starting point:

  1. update server/mpm/config.m4 so that it knows about your
     new MPM.  Check out the code in there for the leader,
     threadpool, and perchild MPMs; they should be a good
     starting point.
  2. make clean
  3. ./configure --with-mpm=[new MPM]

Brian