httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/proxy proxy_http.c
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 22:05:59 GMT
--On Friday, November 08, 2002 12:25:20 -0800 Brian Pane
<brian.pane@cnet.com> wrote:

> put it.  We don't necessarily want to reset the request
> Content-Length whenever we create a subrequest, because
> somebody might have a legitimate need to read the form
> post data within a server-side-included subrequest.

Hmm.  I'm pretty sure that this has come up before, and we agreed that we
don't want to allow for this case.  IIRC, there's something else (probably
input filters) which prevents this from happening anyway.

So, yeah, I think we should just remove content-length on all subreqs.  --
justin