httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: HTTP EnableSendfile directive and new mechanics
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:50:04 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@covalent.net> writes:

> The attached patch introduces the EnableSendfile directive for httpd.  Jeff and
> I have seen several cases, including NFS shares and so forth, that are not
> compatible with apr_sendfile.  It works similarly to EnableMMAP but the
> differences are worth discussing.  {This is why I'm posting and not yet ready
> to commit.}

looks reasonable to me...

since on Win32 APR actually needs to know if it can be sendfile-ed at
apr_file_open time, I guess that makes apr_file_t the winner in the
contest of where to save the fact that Apache doesn't want sendfile to
be used

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...