httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Deny from hostname broken in 2.0 on MacOSX 10.2
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:30:47 GMT
Sander Temme <sctemme@covalent.net> writes:

> Looks like it does the right thing:

no, look how it bungled finding the hostname when passed a mapped
address (like we would get back from accept):

> [MonaLisa:~/projects/ipv6test] sctemme% ./gni_mapped
> look up via IPv4: 0/www.ibm.com
> look up via IPv6: 0/::ffff:812a:1263
> [MonaLisa:~/projects/ipv6test] sctemme%

Beyond AIX and Linux which I tried before, it also works correctly on
FreeBSD 4.6 (I had to add <sys/types.h> to get it to compile), Solaris
8, and Tru64.

Apache/APR needs the second lookup to work correctly, which I think
is fair.  So I think we need to change APR to disable IPv6 support on
Darwin and we need a note the requirement for --disable-ipv6 in the
apply_to_xxx directories for existing Apache releases.

When this gets resolved, then we can check for specific Darwin levels
that are known to work.  We could possibly code a work-around in APR
(convert mapped addresses to pure IPv4 before calling getnameinfo()),
but unless somebody really has to have IPv6 right now it may be better
to wait for something official from Apple instead of risk bungling the
work-around and making it more confusing.

(Alternatively, I could be really disoriented but it doesn't seem that
way at the moment.)

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...