httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Deny from hostname broken in 2.0 on MacOSX 10.2
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:47:21 GMT
Sander Temme <sctemme@covalent.net> writes:

> I have stepped through the code of a regular (IPv6-enabled) builda bit and
> it appears that what comes back from accept(2) is an IPv6 address, which
> apparently doesn't resolve correctly from mod_authz_host.c. Indeed, the
> remote address information is eventually (sa_common.c:508) passed to
> getnameinfo(3) which returns unsuccessfully with EAI_NONAME.

Can you or somebody else with Jaguar try this program

  http://www.apache.org/~trawick/gni_mapped.c

and see what happens?  It should print

  look up via IPv4: 0/www.ibm.com
  look up via IPv6: 0/www.ibm.com

(tested on Linux with glibc 2.1.2 and AIX 4.3.3 with recent
maintenance).

The lookup via IPv6 uses a mapped address like we'd get back from
accept() when a client connects over IPv4 to an IPv6 listening
socket.
--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...