httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: apache 2.0.43: %b not showing "bytes sent" but "bytes requested"
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:21:01 GMT

What we are learning here is simple.  We need to do the counting in the
core_output_filter.  If that means adding a field to the conn_rec, or
somehow getting the request_rec in the core_output_filter doesn't
matter.  The count needs to be done in the core_output_filter, by tallying
the amount of data actually written.

Ryan

On 12 Oct 2002, Bojan Smojver wrote:

> Nope, that doesn't work. The number is always zero.
>
> Bojan
>
> On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 12:22, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I think what's causing this problem is the fact that mod_logio
> > calculates the length of all brigades that are ready to be sent out. If
> > the sending gets interrupted in the middle, the whole thing gets
> > reported, instead of just the buckets/brigades that were actually sent
> > out. Maybe I should use (AP_FTYPE_NETWORK + 1) instead of
> > (AP_FTYPE_NETWORK - 1) for the output filter (i.e. count after the
> > sending, not before). I'll give it a try...

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610