httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject RE: A suggested ROADMAP for working 2.1/2.2 forward?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:18:05 GMT
Justin, I think this answers most of your questions?

Comments:
* +1, this is an extremely good start to drafting the rules for working on
stable releases. I could quibble with a point or two but this captures the
spirit nicely.

* Activity in the stable release would be limited to security and high
impact bug fixes and perhaps the occasional new function.  Effort to
maintain the stable release should be minimal.  This give us freedom to
continue to work on the 2.* development code base while providing users and
third party module developers some incentive to invest in the 2.0 codebase.

* Consider using the Linux versioning system... stable release is 2.x where
x >0 and x == even. Developmemt release is 2.x where x is odd.

Bill