httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Whopsie on Darwin/Mac OS X 10.2.1... :-(
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:42:09 GMT
On 7/10/02 20:57, "Sander Temme" <sctemme@covalent.net> wrote:

>> Just tried to compile on Darwin/Mac OS X 10.2.1, and 2.0.43 doesn't want to
>> build modules (darrrn)... It simply copies the .la file and doesn't even
>> think about creating a .so...
>
> We seem to have the following in the tarball:
>
> [MonaLisa:~/projects/httpd-2.0.43] sctemme% srclib/apr/libtool --version
> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.3.4-freebsd-ports (1.385.2.196 1999/12/07
> 21:47:57)

Well, that is HOSED as it doesn't contain any "-bundle" stuff to create
libraries under Darwin... It simply doesn't work under Mac OS X.

> What happens if you run ./buildconf and then reconfigure && make?

It recreates srclib/apr/build/libtool.m4 (DOH!) :-)

Seriously speaking, the   glibtool distributed with Darwin is _again_ hosed
(I don't know what to do next, I'm going to hang myself to some loose rope
hanging around here), how many times do I have to send patches to _world_
about it????

Ok, anyhow, I patched my local copy (again and again and again), rerun
./buildconf, and everything works like a charm...

Of course I don't use Fink (because it sucks badly), I just rely on the
"standard" Mac OS X installation, so, I get whatever apple gives me (bugs
included)... Now, this is the patch I had to make against my live system to
make it work:

   [foobared mailer, see attachment, which _of course_ will be encoded in
    friggin' base 64, don't complain, I know, but I paid several hundred $$$
    for Office X and now I better use it]

I see two options, either I come up (again) with my own LibTool package and
put it up on Apache.ORG (the copy I had was moved off to another server and
that server DIED, thanks J.F.Clere for noticing), or we distribute another
copy of the source files (only for MacOS/X) for 2.0.43 (after I've applied
the patch, and re-buildconf-ed)...

For 2.0.43 the latter seems the best option (I'm going to do that on
www.apache.org/~pier/), for the future, it's probably better to have the
glibtool-patched-package ready, and also make sure that the glibtool we use
doesn't suffer from such bugs)....

AAAAAHHHHH I hate this world :-(

    Pier (who had a _terrible_ day today, can you tell????)