httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "johannes m. richter" <johannes_rich...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: distributing encryption software
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:46:16 GMT

>Please tell me if I'm missing something here: when I tried to volunteer to
>give apache binaries for HP-UX (around 6 - 8 months ago), I got back a
>response that only the "committers" can produce the binaries.

As far as I know and understand only committers can put them in the
"official" binary directory. And the committers only take binaries they
made themselves - for security/trust reasons.
But of course everyone is free to produce binaries and put them on some web
page, perhaps they get in some contrib directory on the apache server too
and perhaps you get a nice link from some page - but those aren't "official
binaries" then.

Correct me if i'm wrong..
j.

--
The man who does not read good books has no advantage
over the man who cannot read them.  -- Mark Twain