httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:24:26 GMT
At 08:47 AM 10/18/2002, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>Hey Bill,
>Just ran into a problem with this patch... mod_mem_cache has an option to
>cache open file descriptors. With this patch, we will never used sendfile to
>send a cached fd.

This 'should' work... where is the code broken?

We cache the open file descriptor from a first request, no?  So the flag
should be set on that initial request, correct?  When we set aside the 'fd',
we really must set aside the flags (so we know what sort of fd we set
aside.)  The apr_file_dup should be 'keeping' that flag from the original
fd when creating the long-lived fd.

Can you point out where in the code that flag disappears?