httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why initial location walk?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:35:00 GMT
At 09:30 PM 10/17/2002, André Malo wrote:
>The docs (developer/request.html) say:
>
>| Every request is subject to an ap_location_walk() call. This ensures
>| that | <Location > sections are consistently enforced for all
>| requests.
>
>Perhaps a silly question, but I don't understand why that is necessary.
>AFAICS it returns OK everytime (currently?). Just for creating an inital
>cache? I hope, someone can enlighten me :)

All walks begin (and end) with the interpretation of their <Location >
which overrides any other container-specific configuration (such as
the <Proxy>, or <Directory> or <Files> sections.)  It essentially
suggests that every URI is *MOST* strongly bound to the URI, not
the container it resides in.

The behavior dates to 1.3 and earlier.  Does that answer your
question, or can you spell out your questions a bit more clearly?

Bill