httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A suggested ROADMAP for working 2.1/2.2 forward?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 01:53:28 GMT
At 05:47 PM 10/17/2002, Andrew Ho wrote:
>I personally think maintaining stable/dev branches is a fine idea. I like
>the x.0 rationale for keeping even numbered versions development, and it
>also fits with Apache 1.3.x... but I also think it could be confusing if
>many other open source projects use odd numbered versions for development
>and Apache is the exception. And while I'm not by any means a core Apache
>developer I agree it seems a little premature to vote on this change right
>this instant.

The ROADMAP is progressing, but that doesn't mean it will ever be adopted.
Obviously everyone doesn't have cycles right now, or wants to see what
direction folks are trying to take this.

It needs some discussion.  The critical juncture comes up when someone
wants to pull a release.  Since that is a few weeks off, I don't think we will
jump to premature judgement, but make sure that everyone is heard over
the next week or few.

Bill