httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server log.c
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:56:10 GMT
At 10:35 PM 10/12/2002, rbb@apache.org wrote:
>On 13 Oct 2002 wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>
>> wrowe       2002/10/12 20:25:04
>>
>>   Modified:    server   log.c
>>   Log:
>>     Some errors are impossible to fathom, without the user knowing certain
>>     base numbers.  This patch introduces "(EAP ##): Eap message" for the EAP
>>     errors, "(OS ##): Message" for modestly numbered os errors (under 100000)
>>     and hex "(OS 0x########): Message" for huge errors, which generally have
>>     bit-flag meanings and are usually represented in hex.
>
>What in the world is an EAP error?  Rather than do this, I would much
>rather have the OS errors normalized, and all other erros retain their
>original values.

EAI (not EAP, sorry) are gethostname API specific errors.  The point is,
we could lookup the (EAI 12): error from the platform's netdb.h and know
what it is, trying to grok (75012) is goofy.  But since I'm not terribly
affected by this, feel free to drop the EAI bit if you object strongly.

Jeff is most likely to have an opinion on EAI specifically.

Bill