httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Auth: Start the httpd-2.1 branch finally?
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:51:19 GMT
At 11:21 PM 10/11/2002, rbb@apache.org wrote:

>I am so sick of this conversation.  2.0 isn't done yet.  It won't be done
>until it is actually stable, and it isn't currently stable.
>
>But, you have worn me down.  Create a new fscking tree, populate it and
>begin working on it.  I will be finishing 2.0.
>
>[...]  But, do not even
>think of saying that the MMN of 2.0 can't change just because you have
>created a new tree.

I didn't answer this point.  Of course.  The MMN may need to change.

However, if you expect a 3rd party module author to completely reinvent
their 2.0 module in the course of 2.0 you are being unfair.  Some reasonable
source code compatibility should be expected.  Little things will have to
be broken to fix some bugs.  New stuff will be added.  But you can't turn
their brains upside down and reinvent the filtering schema post-GA.  It's
unreasonable.

Bill