httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: new download page
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:11:53 GMT
Erik Abele wrote:

> +1. great idea, but I think the mirror sites should be mentioned more
> than only once. Perhaps an extra paragraph like the following would help:

If you look at the actual links, you'll see I'm pretty much forcing
people to download from the mirrors.  I provide direct links only to the
mirrors.  I do provide a link to the main site at the top, but I think
most people will take the direct links.

> Another Point are the official patches. IMO we should mention
> http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/ together with a little note:
> "When we have patches to a minor bug or two, or features which we
> haven't yet included in a new release, we will put them in the patches
> subdirectory so people can get access to it before we roll another
> complete release."[1]

Perhaps a short note in the top section.  But there is rarely anything
interesting in the patches directory.

> oh, btw the 2.0 paragraph praises 2.0.36 as the best available version
> instead of 2.0.43. The headline, the text and the check-for-patches-link
> are wrong.

Yep, thanks, I copied my text from a non-updated version of the
dist/README.html.  I'll fix that.

Joshua.