httpd-dev mailing list archives

From grega...@apache.org
Subject httpd restart on daedalus and more redirects
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:30:36 GMT
I've redirected more content to nagoya due to our recent performance problems on
daedalus.  Namely, jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-40/release,
jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release, and the three most popular httpd
source tarballs under www.apache.org/dist/httpd/ (httpd-2.0.43.tar.gz,
httpd-2.0.43-win32-src.zip, and apache_1.3.27.tar.gz).  I chose these URLs
because they were responsible for eating a lot of bandwidth on Oct 20.  I did
this via a non-graceful restart because an httpd buglet wouldn't allow us to
raise the number of httpd child processes.

Now daedalus response is a lot better, but nagoya seems a little slow.  If this
keeps up, I will un-redirect a few URLs via graceful restart.  Pier, how do
things look to you on nagoya?

Greg