httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Estrade <estrad...@ifrance.com>
Subject Problem with cache+proxy and multiple brigade
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:34:44 GMT
Hi,

I found a problem with mod_cache and mod_proxy...

when cache is storing the data + headers in memory, it doesn't care
about Transfert-Encoding...
So if reverse proxy receive a response by multiple brigade, with the
header Transfert-Encoding=chunked, mod_cache store it in mobj->header_out.

When cache_out serve the document from cache, it setup the
content-length with mobj->m_len which is the len of the file stored in
mobj->m
So if we had before the Transfer-Encoding set up, the response contains
now these 2 headers:

Transfer-Encoding: chunked\r\n

and in case of this response, the browser refuse to display the document
(html, gif, css...etc)
I inserted these 2 lines before copying the headers (see patch) to
delete the Transfer-Encoding in case reverse proxy receive it.

and now, the browser receive only content length and can display the
document.
I am not sure my dirty patch is  good because i don't know all what
Transfer-Encoding can take as value, and all impact of this header.

regards,

Estrade Matthieu