httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.0.43: %b not showing "bytes sent" but "bytes requested"
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:28:14 GMT
rbb@apache.org wrote:

>What we are learning here is simple.  We need to do the counting in the
>core_output_filter.  If that means adding a field to the conn_rec, or
>somehow getting the request_rec in the core_output_filter doesn't
>matter.  The count needs to be done in the core_output_filter, by tallying
>the amount of data actually written.

Yes, exactly.  The only problem is that this will require
a design change.  Currently, the last write can complete
after the request_rec no longer exists (if the connection
is a keepalive).

Solving this is tricky.  One possibility is to transfer
ownership of the the request (including its pool) to
the core output filter as soon as we pass an EOF to that
filter.  That would complicate the memory management a
bit, but it might be worth the effort because it would
give us almost all the infrastructure needed to support
a semi-async MPM.

Brian