httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and Content-Length
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:26:55 GMT
rreiner@fscinternet.com wrote:

> Problems with 2.0.42 and mod_proxy with Content-Length:
>
>   - 2.0.39 stripped C-L from all HTTP/1.0 responses.
>   - 2.0.40 retained C-L on HTTP/1.0 responses for GETs, but stripped it
> for HEAD.
>   - 2.0.42 strips C-L from all HTTP/1.0 responses.
>
> Do people think that the 2.0.42 behaviour (stripping C-L from all
> HTTP/1.0 responses) is correct?  The messages referenced below would
> suggest not, but .42 has reverted to .39's behaviour.

I don't think proxy should touch content-length at all.

If a filter fiddles with content length, then it should be responsible
for removing the content-length header as needed so that it can be
readded later.

Proxy doesn't change content-length in itself - so it really has no
business touching it.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon